I guess as of now you have accepted Facebook Ads as an incredibly powerful and affordable way to promote your business online in Kenya? Moreso, a pay-to-play platform for business opportunities? And now you are figure out on paying for Facebook Ads to boost your business?
If you’ve ever asked yourself these questions, you’re not alone.
Just the other day, we set up a client’s Facebook page with all branding artwork. Now, he has gotten the hang of marketing through Facebook and wants to take it to the next level with Facebook paid ads. He recently asked how he could get started promoting his posts using paid ads, the best banking, and payment method & wallah! the idea to publish this popped.
After reading this post, you are likely never to encounter any issue connecting your visa/ mastercard bank accounts to facebook and deposit using M-Pesa.
- How you can pay for Facebook Ads in Kenya
- Open a NCBA loop account and Deposit Cash via M Pesa in Kenya
- Adding your Loop bank account as a payment method for Facebook ads?
- Adding Your PayPal Account as a Facebook Ads payment method in Kenya
- Wrapping Up
How you can pay for Facebook Ads in Kenya
To do so, there are two accepted payment ways. One is via a bank card, and the second is via PayPal. In Kenya, Facebook supports direct debit,(MasterCard /visa) therefore you can link your bank account to your Facebook ad account and use it to pay for your ads. The reality is, I haven’t used PayPal, so I’m not going to dive into it, but I have experience linking to the ads manager which I explain further below.
The first thing you need to have is to apply for a Debit card. I have earlier used and currently using The NCBA Loop Bank Debit Card for my ADs and encourage you to use it too as I have not encountered any problems.🙂
Open a NCBA loop account and Deposit Cash via M Pesa in Kenya
✔👉🏾 Click Here To Join NCBA Loop Bank ~The New Way Of Banking Services
For one to use loop services, he or she must have a NCBA loop account. NCBA Loop is a digital banking application that is available via the web and mobile. It is targeted at millennials who by culture do not want to visit bank branches. Loop has no branches except for a few stores that allow you to only collect your CBA Loop Mastercard. Loop digital banking service allows users to make payments to mobile money or to a bank account, the app also allows its users to track and analyze their spending patterns. You can use the loop account to send money to other loop accounts. In addition, send money to other bank accounts. Loop can still be used to pay bills like DSTV, electricity, etc.
You get the account by signing up through the Android app, the iOS app, or through their website. Once you open the Loop app or the website, the option to either login or sign up for an account will present itself. If you already have an account, I am sure you already know your way around the app. For newbies, the option to choose is, sign up for an account.
Signing up for an account :
- The first step is to fill in the personal details that you are asked for. The details include first name, last name, date of birth, phone number, ID type, ID number, nationality, and the rest.
- After filling in all the required information, read and understand the terms and conditions carefully before you accept them.
- To complete the signup process, you need to place an order for your loop card. When placing an order for it, you will be asked to select the region, the loop store, and the location where you want to pick the loop card from.
- You will then receive a confirmation message with a code. Do not delete that code as you will be required to present it when picking your loop card.
- Now your account is ready, and you can proceed to login.
Topping-Up money via M-Pesa to your Loop account is as follows
- Go to the M-Pesa menu on your phone, select “Lipa na M-Pesa”
- Select “Paybill”
- Select “Enter business no.” and enter the 714777 as the Loop business no and press “OK”
- Enter your mobile number as Account Number and press “OK”
- Enter amount i.e. amount you want to deposit and press “OK”
- Enter your M-PESA PIN and press “OK”
- Confirm all the details are correct and press “OK”
- You will receive a verification window from M-Pesa where you have 1 minute to verify that the details are correct, if correct, dismiss or ignore, if wrong, enter the number 1 and press OK to cancel the transaction
- You will receive a confirmation SMS from M-Pesa immediately.
- Loop will then send you a confirmation SMS but you can check your loop account for confirmation of deposit.
✔ To Join NCBA Loop Bank ~The New Way Of Banking Services
Adding your Loop bank account as a payment method for Facebook ads?
Before you begin
- To manage an ad account’s payment methods, you have to be an admin of the ad account.
- Confirm that direct debit is an accepted payment option for Facebook ads in your country.
- Confirm that your ad account is set up for automatic payments.
- Bear in mind that you can’t add a bank account if your ad account has any unsettled charges. If you have an unpaid ad account balance and want to add your bank account as a payment method, add a different payment method first and pay now to settle those charges.
The 5 Steps to add your bank account number as a payment method
- In the top left of Ads Manager, click.
- Hover over All tools and then select Billing.
- Click Payment settings.
- Click Add payment method.
- Choose Online banking and follow the instructions for verifying your account.
After you’ve added your bank account, you have to verify your online banking account before you can use it to pay for your ads.
If you have to change bank accounts and want to update your payment information on Facebook, add your new bank account as a new payment method. When you do this, it may take three to four days to process. If you don’t want to wait that long to continue advertising, you can add another automatic payment method (e.g. a credit card or PayPal) while your new banking information is being processed.
Adding Your PayPal Account as a Facebook Ads payment method in Kenya
The PayPal Mobile Money Service with M-PESA is a money transfer service for PayPal and M-PESA customers, provided by TransferTo in partnership with Safaricom and PayPal. To qualify, you must have an eligible Kenyan PayPal and M-PESA account. When registering to use the service, you’ll link your two accounts and will be able to move your money from one to the other.
Then How do I top up my PayPal account using my M-PESA balance?
- After completing the registration, click Top Up.
- Enter the amount you would like to top up in USD and click Calculate to get the equivalent amount converted in KES. This is the KES amount you need to transfer from your M-PESA account. The exchange rate used will be displayed on the same page.
- Go to your M-PESA menu and select Lipa Na M-PESA then the Pay Bill option.
- Enter Business Number 800088.
- Enter your phone number as the Account Number.
- Enter your M-PESA PIN and click Send.
- Use your newly topped-up balance to easily and more securely shop online or send payments with PayPal.
Top-Ups to your PayPal account will generally be processed in real-time but may take up to 4 hours. If your PayPal balance is not in USD, you will need to log in to your PayPal account to confirm the top-up request. Now it is time to connect your PayPal account to your Facebook ad account and use it to pay for your ads.
Before you begin
- PayPal is only available for ad accounts set up for automatic payments.
- Make sure that pop-ups are enabled on your web browser.
To add PayPal as a payment method:
- Go to your Payment Settings in Ads Manager.
- In the Payment Method section, click Add Payment Method.
- Select PayPal and then click Continue. A pop-up window appears prompting you to log in to an existing PayPal account or sign up to create a new PayPal account to link to your ad account.
- Complete the steps to set up your PayPal account.
And that is it, your PayPal account is connected to your ad account. Also you can verify your loop account with your Loop Account. but we leave that for another day.
The process is still not as easy as you probably think of it.
For My East African Friends, you don’t just need an M-Pesa account, you need a bank account and a credit card to pay for the Facebook ad we recommend you to Unbank Yourself with NCBA Loop Bank.
Lastly, allow me to state that Safaricom should move with speed and partner with Facebook so that Facebook can acquire either a Lipa Na MPESA till number or a Pay Bill number through which we can make direct payments for those Facebook Ads – just as they partnered with Google to allow for paying for premium apps at Play Store directly from MPESA.
Now that you know how you could pay for your Facebook ads in Kenya.
You can also leave us a comment down below if you have any suggestions or feedback. We’re always happy to hear from you!